1 Formulation of Working Groups
The process for establishing and running a working group was developed at the 2007 Developer's Workshop. The essence of the process is that a small group is formed to work on a problem and agrees to reach a conclusion within a short time frame. See Formulation of Working Groups for more information about the process.
2 The Working Group Executive
Working groups can be proposed by anyone but must be chartered within the OPeNDAP community by the executive. The Working Group Executive is nominated by the community and appointed by the OPeNDAP advisory board. There is a nominal term limit for membership is 2 years. Members may serve more than one term (with advisory board approval). The executive makes recommendations on how to take working group outcomes to standards processes and other relevant organizations for broader community comment, adoption, etc.
The current Working Group Executive members are:
- James Gallagher (OPeNDAP, jgallagher at opendap dot org)
- Steve Hankin (NOAA, Steven.C.Hankin at noaa dot gov)
- Denis Nadeau (NASA, dnadeau at pop600 dot gsfc dot nasa dotgov)
- Tim Pugh (Bureau of Meteorology, Australia, T.Pugh at bom dot gov dot au)
- Russ Rew (Unidata, UCAR, russ at unidata dot ucar dot edu)
The executive can be reached collectively at owg-executive at opendap dot org.
The OPeNDAP Working Group Terms of Reference Describe how the Executive will make decisions about the working groups.
3 Active Working Groups
4 Possible Working Groups
Add topics for possible working groups here.
- Virtualization (Aggregation): Denis Nadeau Rob De Almeida Antonio S. Cofiño
- Geospatial Interoperability Benno Blumenthal Rob De Almeida
- Hyrax and *DS (TDS, GDS, FDS, etc.)
- Semantics Benno Blumenthal Peter Fox
- DAPPER Rob De Almeida
- netCDF C++ client
- Response types Rob De Almeida
- Asynchronous transactions Ethan Davis Antonio S. Cofiño
- DAP4 Benno Blumenthal Ethan Davis
- Relational Database access via DAP Rob De Almeida
5 Related Documents
Here is an interesting document about the IETF process.