1 Frequently Asked Questions
1.1 BES Installation
Q: I've installed the BES, but I'm not able to access any data
A: The BES is a software framework that allows data providers to serve specific kinds of data in specific ways. Off the shelf the BES doesn't provide any data access or any kinds of responses, not even DAP responses like DAS, DDS, ASCII, etc...
In order to return DAP responses like DAS, DDS, DDX, DataDDS you have to have a BES installed that is built against libdap. When building from source you should first install, or build and install, libdap. When installing from RPM you will not be able to install without first installing the libdap RPM.
In order to have an ascii response for your data, or have the html form presented, you must install the General Purpose Handlers, which can be found on the Hyrax Download Page, as can any of the data handlers, libdap, and the fileout module. You can get the list of modules at something
In order to serve a particular type of data you must install one of the data handlers. The current officially supported data handlers are netcdf, hdf4, hdf5 and freeform. Again, these can be downloaded from Hyrax Download Page.
1.2 OLFS Installation
1.3 Testing a data file
2 MediaWiki Getting started
Media Wiki Home for all things Media Wiki.
- Editing Pages
- Converting Various Markup to MediaWiki
- Configuration settings list
- The MediaWiki Manual: Information on installation and configuration.
- MediaWiki FAQ
- MediaWiki release mailing list
- Media Wiki Reference card
3 Page Management
- Moving Pages
- Deleting Pages
- Use the Prefix Index (One of the Special Pages) to search for pages that start with a particular tag. For example put the word "Hyrax" in the search field to find all the pages whose names begin with "Hyrax"
4 Tips and Tricks
- Changing the name of "Main Page"
- Hacking the 'navigation' menu on the left side of the window.
- Namespaces seem like the best way to break up different kinds of content, especially when we need to have different protections for parts of the site.
- Backing up the wiki