From OPeNDAP Documentation
Revision as of 17:36, 5 March 2010 by Ndp (New page: == Concept == ;What is a Capabilities response? :In the world of OGC it's a document that contains a description of the '''ownership''' (ows:ServiceProvider), '''service identification'''...)
- What is a Capabilities response?
- In the world of OGC it's a document that contains a description of the ownership (ows:ServiceProvider), service identification (ows:ServiceIdentification), service access (ows:OperationsMetadata), and holdings (*:Contents) of the server.
What are we doing now that's similar?
- Ownership Nothing similar. Data providers can (but none that I have seen have) configure the OLFS to replace the standard documentation found through the Documentation link on every contents.html page. Otherwise they might get an email address about weho to write of the BES sends one in an error. The OLFS saves propagates the email address firstname.lastname@example.org from 14 different places in the code through a number of HTML responses . These could be modified by determined Hyrax installer, but it would be a hassle and wouldn't persist between installs. We have no structured response in this regard.
- Service Identification Nothing similar. In the current version of Hyrax we return an list of the DAP versions the server supports in a larger XML document containing the names and version numbers of the software components running on the server.
- Service Access Nothing similar
- Holdings Currently we provide a holdings description through THREDDS catalogs.
- What might a DAP Capabilities response look?