Australian BOM Software Developer's Agenda and Presentations
Software Developer's Workshop
Wednesday 17 October to Thursday 18 October
This workshop will target developers and focus on building custom modules, adding support for new data formats and new service protocols to, as well as extending the server to support server-side functions and other protocols. Developers will learn how to enable client applications to access OPeNDAP data servers using several different client libraries.
9:00am Wednesday - Start of Software Developer’s workshop
- 1. Architecture and Design of Hyrax (lecture)
- 2. Extending the OLFS: Writing Custom DispatchHandlers (lecture)
12:30pm Wednesday - Lunch
- 3. Examination and verification of a working Hyrax server (hands-on)
- 4. Extending The BES: Commands, Response Objects, Handlers, and more (lecture)
- New commands (like our hello world example)
- New response objects
- New response handlers
- New request handlers (data handlers like netcdf, freeform, csv)
- Aggregation engines
- Methods of returning your data (return as netcdf)
- Exception Handlers
- 5. Server-side processing (lecture)
- 6. Use-Case for developer’s projects (10 min. presentation on Thursday)
5:00pm Wednesday - Retire until Thursday morning at 9:00am
9:00am Thursday – Start of 2nd day of workshop
- 7. Presentations of Use-Case for developer’s project
- 8. OPeNDAP development and security policies
- 9. Logging from Hyrax modules (hands-on)
- 10. OPeNDAP client libraries for custom application design
12:30pm Thursday Lunch
- 11. OPeNDAP working groups
- 12. Development activities: (open discussion, user projects)
5:00pm End of Software Developer’s Workshop
All attendees are asked to bring a PC laptop and will be given a Linux virtual machine. If people want to use a Mac, they will have to be able to 'roll with the punches' when it comes to building code in that environment.
We will provide attendees with a binder for the lecture and hands-on info.
More information about the Australian OPeNDAP workshops is available here.